All shooting and tuning work is done only by Rob.
If selection choice isn’t available that means I don’t take any new orders at this time.
PE, PEM, PU Sniper Mosin service includes at the minimum:
1. Rifle general inspection and cleaning.
If any problems should be detected, then I will document them with pictures and provide options with solutions (when possible) via email. This includes issues with interrupter, trigger, bolt, springs, action screws, stock and etc.
Note: if I will detect any cracks in the rifle stock, I will not attempt to shoot rifle to prevent any possible future damage, so points 5 and 6, will be excluded from the service agreement in this case and cracks will be documented with pictures.
If possible, I will provide options for stock repair. I’m in contact with skilled Amish wood worker and he may have solutions for stock repairs, but these will be treated on case by case basis.
2. Barrel bore inspection and safe cleaning to bring it to the peak performance and prevent bore erosion.
If any problems should be detected, I will document these with pictures (when possible) and email you copies for your record. Please note that many Mosin barrels were neglected over the time and it is entirely possible that bore could have signs of erosion, damage and etc.
Note: If barrel is shootout or damaged, I will not replace your barrel, because this would alter your rifle originality. Some historical artifacts are best to kept original, even if functionality was lost…
3. SNIPER MOSIN ONLY – Rifle scope and scope mount inspection.
I will check scope and scope mount for mechanical movements in elevation and windage. I will verify if scope is holding mechanical zero. All scope and scope mounts screws will be inspected and torqued if necessary.
If any problems should be detected, then I will document them with pictures (when possible) and provide options with solutions (when possible) via email. No repairs will be made without your approval.
Scope will be correctly leveled to the rifle bore.
4. Maximize rifle accuracy by applying techniques developed by Soviets and Fins.
All those are period correct, non intrusive, 100% reversible and don’t alter originality of the rifle in any way.
I will provide control target from the distance of at least 100yds with info on commercially available ammunition which performed best in your rifle.
5. SNIPER MOSIN ONLY – Zero rifle with scope to the sniper standard.
Provide Data on Previous Engagements (DOPE) card for it based on commercially available 148gr non corrosive ammo from 100yds up 700yds in 50yds increments and data for it from the Doppler Radar.
6. Zero rifle with iron sights to 100yds distance.
Note: to preserve rifle originality, I will not alter your front post height to change point of impact (POI) without your permission.
Note: Achieving perfect iron sights zero may not be possible on your rifle without altering height of the front post, but I will at least setup rifle as close to it as possible.
Iron sights DOPE card will be included with Non-Sniper Mosin Only. Card will based on commercially available 148gr non corrosive ammo from 100yds up 500yds in 50yds increments and data for it from the Doppler Radar.
Non-sniper Mosin service includes at the minimum:
- Points 1, 2, 4 and 6 + Dope Card for Iron Sights.
By purchasing this service you agree to:
- Ship rifle via UPS or FedEx services only (I will provide you with copy of FFL paperwork and shipping address).
- When I’m done working with your rifle, you agree to pay cost for shipping rifle back to you via UPS Ground Insured with Adult Signature.
- Projected time frame for service completion: 3 weeks from the moment of receiving rifle, assuming that rifle or scope or mount isn’t requiring any repairs.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.